Breastfeeding: Good for baby and mom!
Breastfeeding reduces baby’s risk of:
- Ear Infections
- Respiratory infections
- Gastrological infections
- Skin conditions
- Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
Breastfeeding and mom:
Lowers risk of :
- Premenopausal breast cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Type 2 diabetes
Breastfeeding also improves bonding, lowers health care cost, is convenient and burns around 500 calories a day.
Call 270-821-5242 Ext. 239 for more information.
If you’re pregnant or a new mom, there is a service called text4baby that can help you and your baby stay healthy. To sign up, text BABY to 511411. Text4baby is an educational service of the National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition.
Text4baby Terms and Conditions:
- You will receive 3 messages per week at no charge.
- You can cancel at any time by texting STOP to 511411.
- For help with Text4baby service text HELP to 511411 or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org